Document Last Updated: April 20, 2021
Company Name: Little Big Door Limited
Company Number: (11234878)
VAT Number: (405 8615 00)
Company Address: Little Big Door Limited, 4th Floor, Silverstream House, 45 Fitzroy Street, Fitzroy Street, London, United Kingdom, W1T 6EB
Please note: Little Big Door does not store credit card / debit card details, nor do we share any customer details with third party companies unless this is made clear at the time of registration.
1. Please read the terms and conditions below carefully as together they form the binding contract (referred to as this “contract”) between you (referred to as “you” or “your”) and Little Big Door (referred to as “Little Big Door Limited” or “Little Big Door Ltd”, “Little Big Door”, “littlebigdoor.co.uk”, “we”, “us” or “our”).
2. By submitting your application to be registered with Little Big Door you agree to be bound by this contract. If there is anything you do not understand in these terms and conditions, please contact us via email: email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE: THIS DOCUMENT IS NOT AN EXCLUSIVE CONTRACT. WE ACT AS A NON SOLE AGENCY FOR TALENT AND MODELS, MEANING YOU ARE FREE TO WORK FOR OTHER COMPANIES, INCLUDING AGENCIES. ONLY OUR PREMIUM PLAN CLIENTS CAN CHOOSE TO BE DISPLAYED UNDER BOTH TALENT AND MODEL SECTIONS.
How to apply:
4. You must provide complete and accurate responses to all the information requested on the form (we use this information and data to complete your online profile at the Little Big Door website – littlebigdoor.co.uk). Please note for our models section, any imagery organised and executed by Little Big Door Limited is for exclusive use for the agency only, and cannot be reproduced or used to gain any employment paid or unpaid.
5. Important: by making an application:
Registration on the Little Big Door website:
6. You are not officially registered with Little Big Door Limited until we receive all relevant documents from you eg: DBS (Basic Disclosure) Photographic ID and/or permit to work. This can be requested at the following link: https://www.gov.uk/request-copy-criminal-record
7. Important: By applying you are not automatically included on the Little Big Door website, and we reserve the right to refuse your application or remove you from our website, for any reason. For the avoidance of doubt, if we refuse your application or we remove you from on the Little Big Door website this contract will automatically terminate and no refund issued.
Once you have registered online you authorise Little Big Door Limited to share your personal details with selected third parties. This may include (but is not limited to) casting professionals etc.
8. Once you have been approved you will be included on our website from approval date for the selected time plan you have chosen. Details of each pricing plan and the duration you will be listed online can be found at the Little Big Door website: www.littlebigdoor.co.uk. We may contact you prior to the expiration date of your training program regarding an upgrade.
9. Important: Once we accept your application, you appoint Little Big Door to act as your agent in finding you bookings as an extra, background artiste, walk-on artist, or other similar work (referred to as “bookings”) with production companies in accordance with this contract.
Please Note: You are not in any circumstances engaged as an employee or contractor of Little Big Door / Little Big Door Limited.
10. Important: While we endeavour to find bookings for everyone on our website, we make no guarantee that we will offer you any bookings at any time. Should you have any questions regarding bookings, please email firstname.lastname@example.org alongside details of your Little Big Door plan.
Your details and data privacy:
11. You are responsible for accuracy of all your details you provide to us in your application and keeping your details up to date. We require you to place 2 dates as reminders in your smart phones or calendar A, Once every 4 months to remind to forward any fresh content, images or wording. B, Once every 6 months to advise that your profile content should be updated. Failure to do your update after 6 months could result in removal from our website and termination of your contract. You can contact us at any time to update your details via email: email@example.com. If we discover that any of your details are materially inaccurate, we reserve the right to remove you from our website and terminate your contract. You must have the copyright of any content you upload onto the Little Big Door application form. This includes the copyright of any personal photography, video clips, text or sound which you would like to be uploaded onto your online profile. Copyright breaches would result in an automatic termination of your contract and deletion of your online profile.
12. In particular you must ensure that all physical descriptions and measurements are accurate and are kept up to date and your photographs accurately represent how you look. If you fail to do so, this may result in your being sent home from a booking unpaid.
13. You must also ensure that your bank account details are correct and kept up to date as we pay your fees by BACS to this account. We are not responsible for retrieving any payment we make to the latest bank account details you have provided to us.
14. Where we do not accept you on our website, we may retain your details for up to 3 years. We may contact you from time to time about ad hoc bookings which may be of interest to you. Should you wish to opt-out of this service, please email firstname.lastname@example.org highlighting you wish to be removed from this service.
15. Under the Data Protection Act 1998, we are the data controller of all your details we hold. We will use your details only for purposes related to this contract, or as agreed by you or permitted by law, including contacting you with offers of bookings and details of other productions we are casting for, and about other services related to your bookings. We will use appropriate measures to keep your details safe and secure.
16. Where you have given us your consent, we may also provide your details to third parties who may send you information about products and services which may interest you.
17. We will keep an archive of your details for so long as you remain on our website plus up to three years afterwards.
18. This section will continue to be effective after expiry or termination of this contract.
19. If you are Spotlight registered there is no fee. If you are not Spotlight registered, we have our price tariff listed online at littlebigdoor.co.uk. This fee covers our administration costs, any training material and the cost of entry onto the website, and is therefore non-refundable after a 30 day cooling off period, which commences from the date of registration. If we haven’t received your details within 30 days you may loose your administration fee and have to begin the application process again.
The payment is a ‘deposit’ and is ONLY refunded back to you on completion of your first job with Little Big Door Limited and not before.
If in any case a model’s contract is terminated on behalf of the agency, the administration fee will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Administration fee will be refunded back to you on completion of your first job and paid back to you and not before.
Please note: This fee will not need to be paid again for the duration of your contract. You are not paying for us to find you work. This is to create a profile in the hope we can obtain work on your behalf.
If you wish to cancel your registration within the 30 day period, then you are required put this in writing to Little Big Door, 4th Floor, Silverstream House, 45 Fitzroy Street, Fitzrovia, W1T 6EB. Upon processing of your cancellation, a refund will be made within 10 working days.
Terms and Conditions will be outlined in brief again before we accept your administration fee.
For more information about charges and fees as a modelling agency, please visit: https://www.gov.uk/entertainment-and-modelling-agencies
*Please note our fees may change at any time without prior notice for new sign-ups*
20. We also deduct a 20% commission from all fees regarding talent bookings which we arrange for you (referred to as “our commission”). Model jobs may vary.
21. From time to time we may contact you to offer you bookings. We are not obliged to offer you any bookings at any time.
22. You are not obliged to accept any booking offered to you. Once you accept a booking you must keep yourself free for the whole of that day. This applies even where a booking is for only part of a day, for example for a costume fitting.
23. If for any reason you do become unavailable for a booking you have accepted; you must contact the person at Little Big Door who booked you for that job as soon as possible. Important: If you fail to turn up for any booking without good reason, we may remove you from our website.
24. Important: Production companies are entitled to cancel any booking without charge up to 5.30 pm the day before the booking. We will notify you as soon as practicable after we receive notice of cancellation of your booking.
25. You must comply with the instructions set out.
26. Important: When you have accepted a booking, if you do not re-confirm your availability to us by email, text or telephone on the day before a booking, before 6 pm, we are entitled to replace you without further notice to you. This means that the production may not allow you on set and you will not be paid.
27. Your engagement on any booking is subject to a separate contract with the production company.
28. Some production companies may require you to sign a written contract with them, others may not require any formalities.
29. You must arrive at the production location by the call time you are given. If you are late the production may not allow you on set and you will not be paid.
30. While you are on set (or on any transportation to set provided by the production company) you must:
•Be professional and courteous at all times.
•Not make any film or sound recording or take any photographs;
•Comply with any rules and regulations set by the production company; and follow any instructions given to you.
31. If your behaviour on set (or on any transportation to set provided by the production company) is considered by us or the production company as unacceptable or inappropriate, including your behaviour towards any member of Little Big Door Limited or any production staff member, or if you misrepresent Little Big Door in any way, you may be required to leave the set, the production company may not pay you for the booking, and we reserve the right to remove you from our website.
32. Important: While you are on set (or on any transportation to set provided by the production company) Little Big Door Limited is not liable if you are injured (unless it is caused by our negligence) or for any loss of, damage or theft of any of your personal possessions. The production company is responsible for taking out personal injury insurance to cover you while you are on set.
33. If the production company asks, you must sign a release form (this permits the production company to use images, films and recordings of you). The production company may not pay you if you do not sign this form. You also authorise us to sign any release form requested by a production company on your behalf. If you fail to sign a release form on the day, we may sign it on your behalf, to ensure that you get paid.
34. Important: If you have any problems or queries when you are on set, you must contact Little Big Door and not the production company. If necessary we will raise this with the production company on your behalf. Of course, if there is any immediate risk to anyone’s health or safety you should immediately raise this the appropriate person on set.
35. Important: The work you do on any booking is strictly confidential, and you must not disclose any details to any person. For example:
•You must not make any film or sound recording or take any photographs while on any set.
•You must not contact any journalist, newspaper, magazine or other publication about any production you have worked on.
•You must not post any comments or photographs on any website, blog or social network about any production you have worked on (this includes Facebook and Twitter).
If you breach this clause we will immediately remove you from our website.
36. You authorise Little Big Door Limited to receive all fees from production companies for your bookings, on your behalf. These fees will be deposited into our client account.
37. Within 10 working days of our receiving your fees (this is normally six weeks after you have completed the booking, but is sometimes longer depending on the production company) we will deduct our 20% commission then pay the balance of the payment directly into your bank account by BACS. We will also email you your remittance. Please note: We only send remittances by email.
38. Little Big Door Limited cannot pass payment from a production company on to you until the production company has made payment to us. If a production company fails to pay us, we will chase them for payment on your behalf. You authorise us to issue proceedings against any production company for unpaid fees on your behalf. However Little Big Door is not liable to you for any fees which a production company fails to pay.
39. If you receive any fees directly from the production company Little Big Door is entitled to invoice you for our commission.
40. On most TV and film productions you will be given a salary voucher (a chit) at the beginning of each filming day. It is your responsibility to keep hold of this, make sure it is signed at the end of each day by an appropriate member of the production company, and return it to the production company. You will receive a copy of your salary voucher which you must keep as proof that you worked that day. The production company may refuse to pay your fees if it does not receive a signed salary voucher at the end of the day and we are entitled to invoice you directly for our commission on the fees you would have been paid.
41. If the production company does not provide you with a salary voucher (chit) it is your responsibility to keep a record of all times and dates that you worked. If you work any overtime, you must email details of this to your contact at Little Big Door the next day. If you do not, you may not receive payment for this.
Taxes and National Insurance:
42. For tax purposes you are considered self employed. You are therefore responsible for paying your own income tax and completing your own annual tax return. For more details please contact your local tax office.
43. From 6th April 2014 you are also considered self employed for National Insurance purposes. You will no longer have a Class 1 National Insurance deduction from your payment and you will receive all payments without National Insurance deductions. You will be responsible for paying Class 2 National Insurance and where applicable Class 4 National Insurance which will be payable along with your self assessment income tax. This applies to all payments made to you after 6 April 2014. Under no circumstances are you considered an employee of Little Big Door.
44. You may be considered exempt from National Insurance if you are of retirement age and have a valid exemption certificate.
This concludes the terms and conditions. Please head back to the application form and complete your sign-up if you agree with the terms listed above.
Sorry. No results match your search.